Want to understand tyre dimensions? Below you'll find a quick guide which explains as to what the different numbers and letters on your tyre's sidewall mean.
- Width - width of the tyre in millimetres.
- Aspect ratio - the relationship of a tire's sidewall height to its section width, expressed as a percentage. The higher the number, the taller the sidewall; the lower the number, the lower the sidewall.
- Rim size - the diameter of the tyre's inner rim in inches.
- Load index – a number relating to the load-carrying capacity of a tyre. The higher the tire's load index number, the greater its load carrying capacity.
- Speed Rating - indicates the maximum speed for the tyre when at full load.